Saturday, September 11, 2010

fall skirt

A couple of weeks ago I went to City Craft (a wonderful fabric store in Dallas!) I spent way too long picking out fabric for some different projects I am working on, but one of the best parts was I got a wonderful book! James actually talked me into getting the book. It has so many great projects and most of them are great for a beginner seamstress like me!

The book is called One Yard Wonders. And it IS wonderful! I got the idea and pattern for a really cute skirt from the book. With lots of patience I figured it out!
One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!

I wanted to get a fabric that would work for fall and my LOVE for boots! Here is a pic with me in the skirt (we had to take it outside because the lighting was being stubborn!)

can't wait for fall.....

here is an up close....


Since it was my first skirt (and I am currently teaching myself) I was pretty excited with how it turned out. I definitely learned a lot making it and they will hopefully get better each time! I can't wait to make some more towel aprons and kitchen towels for the fall holidays! I am also looking forward to trying the jewelry roll and a couple other projects in the book!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! My new skirt and I can't wait for fall!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I'm in the market for a sewing maching but not sure what I should get. What did you get and would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Janome 1860. I looked at a lot of reviews and ended up buying it at a mom and pop sewing shop in Frisco. They highly recommended this machine for beginner sewers and I have found it really easy to use! Let me know how your sewing adventures go!

    ReplyDelete