(photo and recipe courtesy of Cooking Light)
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
3. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles; cook until bottoms are lightly browned.
I also made a skirt today! I am really happy with how it turned out! Pictures will be coming soon...