Sunday, August 29, 2010

oatmeal pancakes

I had to share this yummy recipe! James and I went running yesterday morning and when we got back I was craving pancakes (but didn't want to defeat the run we just did). We just got our September Cooking Light and there was a recipe for oatmeal pancakes! I personally LOVE oatmeal, so I thought they were wonderful!


Oatmeal Pancakes

(photo and recipe courtesy of Cooking Light)

Ingredients

  • 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (1/4 cup)
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 large egg
  • Cooking spray

Preparation

1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.

2. Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

3. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles; cook until bottoms are lightly browned.


I also made a skirt today! I am really happy with how it turned out! Pictures will be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment