Wednesday, October 13, 2010

burlap ruffled pillow

So I have been wanting to find some fun pillows to add to our bed (because I am always looking for fun decorative things to add on.)

I found the look I wanted this summer when pottery barn came out with a variety of pillows in a burlap material that had cute sayings like "nest" or "laughter" stamped on it. I fell in love....then...
(photo courtesy of pottery barn)
Laughter Sentimentl Lumbar Pillow, 12 x 24"

...I read the $49 price tag. No thanks! I mean don't get me wrong...I lovvveee our pottery barn bedding (but what I love even more is that it was a mixture of wedding and graduation gifts!)

So instead of forking over the 50 bucks I headed to the good ol' Hobby Lobby and bought a yard of burlap to start my project. I wanted to add some sort of embellishment...so I decided on ruffles (because they are wonderful!)

I grabbed the burlap, cut some strips off the back of an old white t-shirt, and started sewing away. Once I was done, I stuffed the pillow and ta da.....

disclaimer- our computer is on it's last leg and doesn't like the pictures I was trying to upload...so blackberry photo will have to do for now...

Not only did it turn out great...I lovveee the price
1 yard of burlap- 2.99 (with LOTS to spare)
1 bag of stuffing - 2.99 (with LOTS to spare)
Total about $6

The best part is I have enough materials to make another pillow for FREE!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment