Tuesday, October 5, 2010

granola.

Since my morning breakfast typically consists of the same thing (plain yogurt, a little honey, raspberries, and vanilla almond whole foods granola) I decided I needed to spice it up a bit. I wanted to make my own granola so I combined a few recipes and added in a few things I really love. Here it is....

4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds
about 5 seconds of Agave Nectar(gives it a little sweetness)
2 tbs. Canola oil
1 tsp. sea salt
a sprinkle of coconut (or however much you like)
a handful of dark chocolate chips
a handful of dried cranberries
a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon

Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Take out and stir then bake for another 5 minutes.

Then put it in a Mason Jar (because you can use them for everything) and they are super cute!

I hope to get some more baking in this week/weekend! Fall makes me want to bake things all the time!

Hope you enjoy!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment