Monday, October 25, 2010

peter pan and pumpkin dip

The week of Halloween is always a little crazy. It is red ribbon week at school (which throws it all for a whirlwind) and it always seems the end of October is just a "busy time."

Among all the craziness there has been some fun Halloween/Octoberish things to enjoy...

First, my sister and Caden came over on Saturday morning and we made Caden's costume. Now, of course he tried it on and in the split second I moved on to make one more part to the costume he managed to get his hot chocolate and add his own touch. Overall, it turned out great and of course is unbelievable stinkin' cute....

(again disclaimer for the blackberry photo)

I mean does it get any cuter?

Also, I took some pumpkin dip to community group last week and forgot how yummy it is to share! I got this wonderful recipe from Kristen Campbell my junior year in college and have loved it/made it EVERY fall ever since. It is great to take for a group of people. I recommend getting ginger snaps to dip. Although, I highly recommend getting the thin ones and the only place I have found them so far is Whole Foods.

Here is the recipe....

Pumpkin Dip

1 can of organic pumpkin
1 block cream cheese
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. clove
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

I put it all in the mixer and whisked away!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and yay for weather in the 70's tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment