Tuesday, August 3, 2010

kitchen table redesign

My inner shabby chic attraction mixed with our love for "do it yourself" projects resulted in this wonderful kitchen table redesign.

Back in October I found an adorable table with 2 chairs for $100 in Canton. I thought it was a great buy because it was exactly what I was looking for and exactly what I wanted to spend (although I hoped I could get more than 2 chairs!) A couple of months later our wonderful friends Kerry and Logan decided they did not want the chairs his mom had found at a garage sale (that were lime green). So we acquired 4 chairs to add to our table for FREE! With me being indecisive on what I wanted to do with the table and not having very many of the same days off this summer we had not gotten around to painting it...until this weekend!

We grabbed two buckets of paint AND a can of Kilz (to prime the lime green chairs) ALLLL in the "oops" section at Home Depot for a mere $11 (with lots of paint to spare for our next project!). We bought white for the table and a slight off white for the chairs. James does not see the different...but I assure you there is a difference! I also used an old table cloth to cover 2 of the chairs ( I even had some extra fabric that I sewed onto the end of a kitchen towel!)

Here are some pics from the redo...
Before-
half of the table before (we started painting
THEN remembered to take pics!)

the chairs before...


After-
The finished product!

Overall cost of the kitchen table-
Table with 2 chairs- $100
4 lime green chairs- FREE
2 buckets of "oops" paint- $10
1 can of Kilz (oops section)- $1
Tablecloth used to recover chairs- Already had (FREE)!

Total cost of Kitchen table- $111

I happen to think that is pretty good for a table and 6 chairs! It is definitely perfect for being in an apartment and still being able to have people over!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and getting those last few projects done before it is time for back to school!

2 comments:

  1. are you kidding me? this looks awesome! enjoy some meals with those anthro bowls of yours.

    ReplyDelete