Sunday, July 11, 2010

homemade vanilla cupcakes

James just got a new cookbook "The Kitchen Bible" for his birthday and we have been dying to use some of the amazing recipes. I immediately turn to the desserts, of course. To start out I gave these yummy vanilla cupcakes a try.....I mean who doesn't love a cupcake!

Here is the cookbook we used...


Ingredients for the cupcake batter...pretty simple

make sure the batter looks fluffy...

Ingredients for the buttercream icing

Result...a delicious cupcake!

I used a couple drops of green food coloring to give the icing a green tint. Also, I used whole milk which I would usually be against, but when baking certain things it makes a world of difference.

I will be taking these to community group tonight so I don't eat them all! We are also making a macaroni and cheese bake tomorrow night and having Kerry and Logan over...mmm can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment