Monday, July 26, 2010

willow house and sewing

As some of you may know I started working with Southern Living at Home in the spring. I love to decorate and find it as a wonderful creative outlet and fun way to mix my love for decorating with my love for hosting parties!

This past summer the company "Southern Living at Home" merged with another decorating company and created "Willow House." I am SUPER excited for the new company and SO excited that I just got the new Fall 2010 catalogs!!!

On that note, the way it works is if you are interested in hosting a party you contact me and we work together to get a group of your friends together and shop through the catalog. The best part is this is not my job....so there is no awkward obligation to buy things like there sometimes is with these types of things. This is a fun "hobby" for me! So if you are interested...email me (laurenunthank@gmail.com). I would love to help you put on a part-ay!

here is a pic of the cute new catalogs...


Also, I have been loving working on my sewing machine. I don't start classes until August, so I know I have a lot to learn! Yesterday I made Brinley, my 3 year old niece, a cute little dress. I got the fabric on clearance for $3. I already had the thread and ribbon...you can't beat a 3 dollar dress!! I took the scraps of fabric and made 3 little rosettes and put them on the top.

She was pretty excited! When I showed it to her she said, "Awww Lauren I WUV my cute dress!"


Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

Lauren

1 comment: